On 04/15/2013 11:47 AM, Richard J. Williams wrote:

>>> hey everyone.  not for purposes of extending the discussion,
>>> but simply a matter of setting the record straight, on
>>> re-read, I realize I left out a word.... (enhanced text not
>>>   working, so I've got it brackets)
>>>
> authfriend:
>> ("I've got it brackets" = "I put it between asterisks.")
>>
>> brackets = [ ]
>> asterisks = *  *
>>
>> Steve, you're going to confuse the daylights out of Share
>> with those asterisks (especially when you call them
>> "brackets").
>>
>> Even though she's been participating in Web forums for years,
>> she didn't realize until I used asterisks that she's never
>> understood what they meant.
>>
> Thank God we've got this thread cleared up. LoL!
>
> <SNIP>

I have a filter for FFL on Thunderbird which looks for Bhairitu in a
post and puts that email in a folder inside the FFL folder.  That way I
don't miss in all the clutter if someone is asking me something or
referring to me.  This last week the HITLER post began with a reference
to several posters including my self and most as this ramble continued
on through the week did not snip their posts. So I wound up with
irrelevant emails in the special folder.

I have a friend to used to work at Microsoft (he and his wife will be
visiting this week) and never snips replies in our email exchanges.
Finally last week trying to reply at the top of the last email which is
default the cursor was moving like mud so I snipped all but a few of the
past replies.  Much better.  Some people are used to developer logs with
the most recent info at the top.