 From: card <cardemais...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:50 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: How did the Hindus know Jupiter was the King of
the planets?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Ravi Chivukula <chivukula.ravi@...> wrote:

> Well Edg - I am sure the evil Hindus were referring to Jupiter as the King
> of the planets with reference to Jyotish/astrology.
>
> I definitely consider Jupiter as very important part of the horoscope
> because it indicates the creative intelligence. It's called Guru - inner
> guide, it's basis - ether or the heavens - hence one's creative
> intelligence. It naturally rules Sagittarius and Pisces, 9th & 12th - the
> last of the fire/water trines - indicating - dharma/moksha - the pinnacle
> of one'sinner, outer search and their expression. So based upon the sign,
> house Jupiter is in, it's relation to other planets one can come to very
> good conclusions on how this creative intelligence manifests, expresses
> itself through the individual and in which areas of life - specifially the
> four ayanas of life Hindus define - dharma, artha, kama, moksha.
>
> That's all I have as a quick summary.

To split hairs, there seems to be no such word as 'kama' in Sanskrit
But there are words

kamaa (fem.), loveliness, beauty

kaama (masc.), desire, etc.

The order above seems counter-intuitive, IMO. One might expect:

kaama, artha, dharma, mokSa; or even: kaama, dharma, artha, mokSa??

Just for fun: in Finnish, 'kama' means 'rubbish, junk' (also drugs), LoL!