(snip)
> ...bearing fruit, flowers and a clean white handkerchief,
> witnessing someone chanting in a foreign language to some
> Indian guy's painting on an altar, seeing rice, fire, and
> other things clearly *offered* to this guy, then finally
> being told to *kneel down* in front of this Indian guy

You *told* your initiates to kneel down??

The initiation instructions I've read say the teacher
is supposed to make a gesture inviting the initiate
to kneel, without saying anything, and to proceed with
the initiation whether the initiate kneels or not.

That's what my teacher did and what many other TMers
have described. Never heard anyone say they were *told*
to kneel.

Oddly enough, the writer of the article didn't mention
being invited to kneel. You'd think *that* would have
stuck in her mind even if she got the other stuff all
confused.

(Salyavin, meant to tell you, she didn't mention the hanky,
just the flowers.)