Akasha:
I don't frequent them. Very rarely. I am just stating that the ones I
have been to are not the dens of inequity that you conjur up in your
mind.

[note -- I meant iniquity, but both may fit]

Vaj:
I never used that phrase, nor do I necessarily think of these clubs
that way.....

Akasha:
Sounds like you are a lot more frequent than me. Is it
kind of a struggle going in, knowing how evil you think they are?

Vaj:
LOL, no I never thought they were evil Akasha, but nice try...

---------------
Your words sort of sound like they connated "evil" and "den of
iniquity] to me. But Ok. Let me rephrase Vaj.

Is it kind of a struggle going in to these club, believing these clubs
are used for sex, where some dancers are drug addicts who work for
their fix and are exploited for sex by he owners, where the
exploitation of women who are desperate for money--for what ever
reason--where men and women exercise their need for *control* over and
above others?

========================

post 72604
Akasha:
Do you feel that Bada Bing is really representative of modern US clubs?

VAj:
It's accurate on different levels to different situations.

Akasha:
I have seen a few episodes. How are the girls at Bada Bing being
exploited?

Vaj:
They are used for sex. Some are drug addicts who work for their fix.
Some are exploited for sex by he owners.
However at some level their is the exploitation of women who are
desperate for money--for what ever reason--who are used because of
that need. The symbol of the go-go dancer in a cage seems to symbolize
this sense that men or women's need for *control* over and above others.