--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@...> wrote:

> If it ain't a human body, it can't be a human consciousness.
>
> Knowing myself the little I do, I can tell you, ain't no way I want to be me
> forever.  Finding myself in a robot nervous system would be, yep, torture,
> and so, yep. let's do Cheney.
>
> I think anyone would go insane almost instantly if this were possible.  I
> can't hardly stand waiting for a paper cut to heal, ya know?
>
> And talk about your phantom limb syndrome then!
>
> Nuts.
>
> Edg

You can lose parts of the body, and it does not affect human consciousness.
Remember Christopher Reeve? As long as a living head, or even a living brain is
intact, the consciousness will have all the attributes of having had a prior
body. It might not be pleasant. A science fiction story by Harlan Ellison has a
great title that might represent your experience here: 'I Have No Mouth and I
Must Scream'.

This story, and a few others provided the story idea for the Terminator series
of films (Ellison sued the producers and the settlement was out of court for
infringement).

You would need sensory input. Without that the brain begins to hallucinate in a
fairly short time.