The most experienced practitioners of mindfulness that have been measured in
the West are Buddhist monks with many thousands of hours of practice.  Their
EEG and brain imaging results have been compared with Westerners allegedly
trained in the same tradition. It's not just MBSR and related clinical
practices that have been tested.