--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > This is what I was "trying" to say:
> > >
> > > "Since you are a woman you have no idea how frustrated a man looking at
> > > only pictures or films can become. You don't have to be a shrink to
> > > understand that he can get so frustrated that he might run into the
> > > street and molest the first girl he meets."
> > >
> > > Read it again. Does it say that I am sexually frustrated or that I think
> > > porn leads to rape in every case ?
> > > Have you considered the meaning of the word "might" ? No ? That's rather
> > > obvious from the gibberish you are writing.

> > > Try lifting your wide-brimmed hat that keeps blocking your eyes and read
> > > it again.
> >

> > And if you do not believe that porn can be a factor, to no man anywhere in
> > the world, in committing rape why don't you just say so. And make yourself
> > looking even more ridiculous in the process.
>

> Social effects of pornography
>

> From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
>

> Research concerning the effects of pornography is concerned with multiple
> outcomes. Such research includes potential influences on rape, domestic
> violence, sexual dysfunction, difficulties with sexual relationships, and
> child sexual abuse. Pornography's effects on crime and domestic violence have
> been inconclusive. Some studies support the contention that the viewing of
> pornographic material may increase rates of sexual crimes whereas others
> either suggest no effect, or conclude the liberalization of porn in society
> may be associated with decreased rape and sexual violence rates.
>
> "Pornography's effects on crime and domestic violence have been
> inconclusive."
>
> But that doesn't stop Ann et. al. to rule out the possibility of a connection
> between porn and rape altogether, nowhere on this planet. Not only that, but
> they manage to draw all kinds of other stuff into the "discussion", from crop
> circles to sexual frustration.
>
> It is becoming increasingly obvious why certain characters I usually disagree
> with on this list simply don't bother to read what Ann and Obba is writing.

Read what I responded to you about. I never gave my opinion on this porn/rape
subject. Not once. I simply quoted what you said. You have no idea what my
opinion is on the subject since I have never written on word here about it. In
fact, until I think about it, I myself don't know what my opinion is. But, I'll
let you know once I figure it out, if I bother to figure it out at all. In the
meantime, stop jumping to all sorts of erroneous conclusions. Oh, and show me
one thing I wrote that indicated my views on the subject pro or con.