I began reading "Proof of Heaven" this week. (After I finished reading "Wild"
by Cheryl Strayed. Someone on here may have mentioned that book too.)

I'm a slow reader and work is busy these days, so it'll probably take me a few
weeks to read it, even though it's a short book. I've just finished Chapter 10.

I feel connected to the book, one reason being because I'm pretty confident
that Dr. Kelly (whom the author mentions in Chapter 10) was my Dad's doctor at
Wake Forest Baptist (WFB) after Dad was in a head-on collision in July, 1983,
and was left paralyzed. At least I'm pretty sure it'd be the same doc. In 1983,
the Dr. Kelly that treated/observed my father was a tall man, probably in his
40s at the time. I did a web search, and Dr. Kelly is now in his late 70s and
was chairman of neurosurgery at WFB from 1978-2000. He's the only Dr. Kelly
that came up in a google search for spinal injury at WFB.

Just wanted to share that tidbit...it's one serendipitous thing that causes me
to feel more connected with the author.

As far as  the content, what he describes so far in his coma state reminds me
of tripping and/or hallucinating on psychedelics.

I look forward to continuing the read.

******