--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > After all ?
> > > "In fact it was a hybridized version of the product." Perhaps
> > > even scarier...
> >
> > You're joking, right? You do know the difference between
> > hybridizing and genetic engineering, don't you?
> >
> > We've been hybridizing plants for at least 10,000 years
> > (and of course a lot of it occurs naturally).
>
> Yes: "The process of combining different varieties of organisms
> to create a hybrid (biology)", But how do you know this hybrid
> is not between a GMO plant and another natural plant ?

We know what kind of grass it was and what grasses
were hybridized to produce it. It's been around for
at least 20 years. Plenty of info on the Web about
it, including from the company that developed it
(written before this happened, not in response to it).

Here's one news story:

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/BREAKING-NEWS/GENETICALLY-MODIFIED-GRASS-LINKED-TO-COW-DEATHS-IN-TEXAS-1040574

http://tinyurl.com/lvut656

(The headline has been corrected to "HYBRID GRASS LINKED TO
COW DEATHS IN TEXAS.")

Also see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_d8tfzOIME

BTW, "prussic acid" is an older term for cyanide.

Mike is right, apparently it's a known phenomenon for
grass under certain conditions to give off cyanide.
It's just that it seems not to have occurred with this
*particular* grass before.

Somebody got it wrong about its being GMO grass. The
story went viral before it could be corrected, but now
all the stories include the correction.