Many people around the world are now thinking: what else did this monsignor do
that we don't know about?  How long has he been doing this which for now was
undetected?  How many people in the Vatican knew about this and looked the
other way?  Was the Vatican involved with laundering money from the Mafia and
the Cosa Nostra?  Was this one of the reasons why Pope Benedict XVI retired?

This case could potentially disclose the dark secrets that the Vatican has been
keeping for many years.

Perhaps, it is good that they elected Pope Francis who is from South America
and who has no previous connections with the political machinery inside the
Vatican.