--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > For those who pride themselves either on their corpulent
> > > egos or their misguided belief in their own writing
> > > abilities (or both), we are pleased to announce a mini-
> > > contest on Fairfield Life.
> >
> > Do you ever stop long enough to read what you write
> > and realize it's all about you? I have to say, you
> > are the strangest, blindest human bean I have ever
> > encountered.
>
> This is a problem for everyone who writes, because when
> we talk, write, etc., what we say typically represents
> our world view. So in a way this is a trivial comment,
> just as mine here is.

"In a way," i.e., if you hold "what you write is about you"
equivalent to "what you write represents your world view."

But that isn't what Ann was saying, of course. Can you figure
out what else she might have meant?

> Barry, Robin, Judy, Ravi, me and everyone else, we all
> write from our worldview POV. Sidestepping that view
> might be difficult. For example, if you 'hate' Barry,
> you could practise writing things that praise what he
> does. This is actually a spiritual technique - if you
> have a certain political persuasion, watch or listen to
> opponents of the view you feel is correct and see what
> happens in your experience. Views that are highly
> polarised against some particular situation, perhaps,
> represents getting one's buttons pushed rather than
> wisdom, that is, we are acting mechanically in response
> to that situation, we cannot control our response,
> or see mulitiple possibilities.

Well, you certainly have picked up *something* useful
from Robin. A lot of this is straight from Robin's post
"How to Know Reality's Point of View" (granted, you
wouldn't put that way, but it proposes very similar
techniques):