--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Seraphita" <s3raphita@...> wrote:

> Thanks for the sane - and reasoned - response (as opposed to the
> childish rants of the other posters).

I'm sorry you felt it was "childish" of me to quote Steyn's
remark in his second paragraph, before he even began to
discuss the merits of the case against Zimmerman:

"The U.S. Department of so-called Justice dispatched something
called its 'Community Relations Services' to Florida to help
organize anti-Zimmerman rallies at taxpayer expense."

I haven't been following the specifics of the Zimmerman
trial, so I have no comments on Steyn's view of it--except
to say that anyone who would assert the bit of right-wing
insanity I just quoted has something so seriously wrong
with their attitude and their judgment that I wouldn't
trust them to tell me whether it was raining outside.

For more on this nitwittery:

http://prospect.org/article/how-conservative-media-are-eating-zimmerman-trial

http://tinyurl.com/q3q7a35

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2013/07/trayvon_martin_and_the_justice_department_s_community_relations_service.single.html

http://tinyurl.com/mqd2tyj

*Of course* the DOJ didn't send anybody to Florida to
"help organize anti-Zimmerman rallies." The team was sent
to try to help calm the burgeoning racial tensions.

That's by contrast with the right wing media, which is
doing its best to *inflame* those tensions with this
absurd and completely false story.

I note that you didn't want to comment on this, Seraphita;
you preferred to resort to slinging ad hominems.