On 08/07/2013 12:56 PM, Share Long wrote:
> noozguru, I figure yahoo got wind of the upcoming FFL Totally Unlimited
> Posting and are freaking out (-:
> As for me, well let's just say that it's good that I know how to count to
> ten, in terms of knee jerk responses!

Why would they freak out?  Most all the other groups don't have any
posting limits.  They often just have rules about staying on topic to
what the group is about and a moderator or two who enforce it. FFL is an
"anything goes" so there really is no topic rule.  It's a place to
discuss life after or doing TM.

> I'm still miffed at yahoo that paging is now a scrolling process that JUMPS
> in the middle of the page and one has to pick an item that is easy to find
> and then backtrack to it in order to see the inbox items that were jumped
> over! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

There's a youth paradigm in Sillyconned Valley where they like to turn
young programmers loose on things apparently believing they'll do
something innovative.  They apparently think us old timers are too
stodgy.  However instead of innovation you get lame programming.

> Anyway, I'm looking forward to replying every time you write something funny
> rather than saving them all for one post. Like when you said that for the
> geniuses of syntho food their main concern about overpopulation is that
> they'd never have a cheeseburger again. In another post I liked the analogy
> of the spies trying to put the Internet genie back into the bottle.

But become OCD about responses will get you ignored by those who know
how to read a site and complaints from those who don't that they want
the posting limits back.

> Didn't know that Islam is against usery, very interesting. Didn't know that
> more education for women means lower birth rates, good news.
I learned that from an Indian friend who was selling her store after her
daughter graduated from college.  Some Islamic folks wanted to buy it
but she confided in me that she didn't think it would go through because
they wouldn't go to a bank to get financing and their own system
probably wouldn't loan them that kind of money. And they didn't.