> Ahhh, there we must disagree again, I did read all the Lord of the Rings
> books, beginning when I was 12 years old, and over the years I must have read
> them and the Hobbit 25 or 30 times. I despised the movies for many reasons.

I thought the Hobbit was a great book actually, but couldn't
get into LotR. But I refused to go see the Hobbit movie because
they stretched it out into 3 - 3 hour movies when it wasn't a
very long book to start with. Blatant profiteering.

I thought the 3rd LotR movie was pitiful which was a shame after
the brilliance of the second one. I couldn't believe they went
through all that just to get rescued by giant eagles that no one
mentioned earlier, cheap escape. And it turned out that the dullest
one of the good guys was the king all along. And that battle scene
seemed to go on for most of my life! And the ending was appallingly
done. And we didn't even see the baddie, apparently they saved
that for the DVD - more blatant profiteering. Much to dislike but
Legoland remained cool throughout, they should have made him king...