Hahahaha. I need me one of those calls!
A GF got one a few months ago. I was visiting her well educated college
grad-gee-ated (not a typo)English major azz. She tells me, "Microsoft called
and said they found a virus on my computer. He is going to call me back today
after he gets done reviewing my computer. He wanted my credit card information
the other day, but my husband wasn't home, I wanted to get permission to put
one hundred and fifty something dollars on the card.."
 I stopped her from continuing. I explained no one calls you to tell you a
virus is on your computer and can fix it from afar. She buts in, "That's why I
gave him access to my computer. He told me what to do, so he can take a closer
look."
By this point, I wanted to grab her jug of wine and guzzle it. I explained it
is a scam, never give anyone information about your computer over the phone, or
follow his instructions and especially do not give your credit card numbers!
 She still did not get it. She says, "Well, you know me, I know nothin bout'
(southern accent)computers. I am glad you are here, cuz I no nothin about them.
We can't leave yet, cuz he is supposed to call back today."
I said, "What? I said it was a scam, you believe me, but you still want to wait
for him to get back with you because he was in your computer????"
Oh, man, Alex, give one of those scammers a one two.. The middle American
closet drinking, Southern Baptists demographics are a good gold mine for Mr.
Tech., "Good day, Madam, I am with Microsoft and here to help you with your
computer virus," bunch.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@...>