--- Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 9/26/05 10:36 AM, "Peter"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > snip
> >

> >> Do you think that Bevan and
> >> John engage in
> >> lecentious behavior and why do you care?
> >
> > Well, they do or they did. That is quite well
> known.
> > However your last question, if phrased, ..."why do
> we
> > care?" is very interesting if not used simply as a
> > defensive posture. Why do we care? Why do we hold
> > Bevan, John and MMY accountable to a certain
> standard?
> > It is apparently much more of an idealized fantasy
> > that we have than an authentic need that they
> have....
>

> You have indicated before that Dr. H and you were
> good friends when you were
> younger. Are you still in touch? I'd wonder his
> reaction at your embracing
> of SSRS's teaching.
>
> Ain't life interesting?

Oh, life is very interesting. John and I aren't in
touch. When I lived in Fairfield years ago we used to
bump into each other from time to time. John is
intellectually honest and, in private, would
understand and in many cases agree with what many of
us complain about. About SSRS, John would have no
problem with it, again, in private, but he has an
official role in the TMO and fulfilling that function
requires that he not implictly endorse any other
teaching. John and I have always had very spirited
conversations and I'd love to have one with him now
about his experiences with MMY and how he deals with
the cognitive dissonance.

http://mail.yahoo.com