> Key words: "that you apply across the board"

Right; I don't know about across the board. I wouldn't say it is a majority of
people's takes on it here in FF, but it is that of many of the people I know
well here, and perhaps close to a majority of the people I know very well.
There seem to be more and more people here reporting similar "deaths" or
awakenings that I am aware of, anyhow.

> What I question is whether any of the elements Xeno
> describes are universally applicable. I think there
> are likely many exceptions and anomalies.

Undoubtedly.

> I did not suggest that any individual's reported
> experience was a lie.

No, nor did I mean to imply such; I was agreeing with Xeno's last line, that
any such description is of necessity a big, big lie, but we do the best we can
:-)