Do you know was Jethro Tull  a big MMY fan!?
1967   On one side was an original instrumental by Dale Burt that Lee
titled  "Maharishi." (A different version appears on the album titled
"Change.")The flip side Sunshine Superman  a instrumental arrangement of
Donovan's "Sunshine Superman."
The Aggregation 'Maharishi' LHI 45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrFQopKAH8
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrFQopKAH8>

[http://psychedelicized.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/The-Aggregation-M\
aharishi-Single.jpg]
[http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/418/cov\
er_3636172242009.jpg]

Happy and I'm smiling,
Walk a mile to drink your water.
While others shout of war's disaster.
Oh, we won't give in,
Let's go living in the past.
Let us close out eyes;
Outside their lives go on much faster.
Oh, we won't give in,
We'll keep living in the past.
Jethro Tull - Living In The Past 1969
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsCyC1dZiN8>

Remembering  the past seems to be completely natural. Our memories of
people, places  and experiences can be precious and worth dwelling on
from time to  time.

Setting Time Aright  :An international and inter-disciplinary meeting
investigating the Nature of Time
http://fqxi.org/conference/2011 <http://fqxi.org/conference/2011>

Wonderful  article about the great 80 millisecond reality blank( time to
transfer  information from sensory system to the brain and to process it
within  the brain before we become conscious of it.)Might be very
interesting to  conduct the same researches not on casual students, but
on  practitioners of different spiritual practices, like meditators,
shamans  etc who might show a slightly different perception of time:
Time on the Brain: How You Are Always Living In the Past, and Other
Quirks of Perception
http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2011/09/15/time-on-the-\
brain-how-you-are-always-living-in-the-past-and-other-quirks-of-percepti\
on/
<http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2011/09/15/time-on-the\
-brain-how-you-are-always-living-in-the-past-and-other-quirks-of-percept\
ion/>

  "When  we retrieve a memory, we also rewrite it, so that the time next
we go  to remember it, we don't retrieve the original memory but the
last one  we recollected. So, each time we tell a story, we embellish
it, while  remaining genuinely convinced of the veracity of our
memories."
"The  bottom line is that memory is essential to constructing scenarios
for  ourselves in the future. Anecdotal evidence backs this up. Our
ability  to project forward and to recollect the past both develop
around age 5,  and people who are good at remembering also report having
vivid thoughts  about the future."
  Huw Price's" Time's Arrow and Archimedes'  Point", argues
that concepts of cause and effect derive from our  experience as agents
in the world and may not be a fundamental feature  of reality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewley4Iy1k
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ewley4Iy1k>

[https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8iRUevcRsQ9WUcHB\
zRrYxfGN2NU8ejqYHuGw0tHAGfvpIPgc3]