--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Tom T writes:
> > > No matter how radical that all sounds it is possible to be able
> to  hold all that in the awake mind.

> > Then it must be possible to be able to
> >  hold all that in the unawake mind too. All Possibilities.

> Right; no real difference between ignorance and enlightenment, or
> between being "asleep" and being "awake"

then why bring it up?

-- though oddly enough, as
> we have seen,

We have seen?
I missed that paper, in what journal was that study published?

> only the experientially "awake" appear generally able
> to appreciate this to any visceral extent,

How many times do I have to tell you??!! Its an Understanding, not an
Experience!! :)

> while the self-
> diagnosed "unawake" or "not yet awake" often would appear

appear to whom?

> rather
> strenuously engaged in denying their (seemingly) self-
> evident

straining is a bummer

> "awake" presence in favor of some not-present (not-here-now)
> idealized criteria.

Or maybe lots of other alternatives. (Tom doesn't like your black and
white views, it appears.)

> This self-denial would thus appear

appear to whom?

appearance as in apparition?

> always to be itself a self-
> referent mistake of the intellect:

God made faulty machinery? Has he issued a recall?

>attributing some imaginary (not-
> here-now) properties

What else is here other than the here and now? Are you imagining
things again? :)

> (or "shoulds")

and who is your imaginary attributor?

> to what is without properties

guess they won't hurt when the real estate / properties bubble burts

> or only truly simply and nakedly what is in this moment, here-now,

what else is there? Only one drawn to or absorbed to the other will be
aware of it.

> and then bewailing the absence of these same imaginary properties
> (or the presence of other less-desired imaginary properties) here-
> now, and thus invoking an overlay of space-time-desire etc.

Again, only one who imagines such can be aware of such, absorbed into
such.

> And yet somehow the intellect is eventually able to see through this
> same not-here-now overlay and abandon it

I thought the intellect was broken. Did it get fixed?

> into what always is, has
> always been, and always will be, the (non)radiant emptifulness of
> (not)self itself...

Ah, you took that Simuladvaita class. Was it good?

> How can that which is and has always been and will always be self-
> sufficient, self-evident and self-effulgent, ever hide itself from
> itself?

I don't know. The question never arises where duality is absent. But,
have patience, in time such duality disolves and such silly thoughts
cease to arise.

> My guess is that we get attached to those very descriptors (or ones
> like them) as "ideas" or "ideals"

What do you mean we, kimosabe?

> and use them to *obscure* the
> reality

Like etching glass? Etched glass can be gorgeous, no?

> they are intended to *describe*

Excuse my saying, but you seem obsessed with describing.

>(which can of course appear
> quite horrible, gnarly, and so on as well as stunningly beautiful,
> etc.), and so the projection is underway, and don't we all love a
> good movie!

I rather look directly into the projector from 3 " away.

> Odd indeed, but as you say, All Possibilities...! :-)

Yes, all posibilities. So "All", that some may not fit into your
frameworks, which by definition, are limited.