--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> Good. But your arguments tended to show support of the
> administration. They're heavily pushing intervention
> which makes me think they've been threatened if they
> don't. We all know by now that there is a lot of
> skulduggery that goes on behind the scenes.

Follow the money. One cruise missile costs $1,410,000.
Every one fired would have to be replaced. The Pentagon
showers industry with contracts despite consistent cost
overruns, bad business practices that lead to canceled
contracts (of which the companies have nevertheless kept
$50 billion of in the last decade) and rampant contractor
misconduct. Defense companies received $373 billion in
contracts from U.S. taxpayers in 2011, a near-record
total and over twice what all troops in the military got
in 2011. Lockheed Martin alone has quadrupled its profits
in the last decade of two American wars. Top defense
industry CEO pay averages $21.5 million a year. The
Pentagon has not been subject to an audit since a 1990
law required one of every government agency. Why? Because
it would never pass.