We have a welfare program in the US and have had it for years. My parents when I first mentioned it as a kid told me to keep my mouth shut about it. The welfare program I was referring to is the Military Industrial Complex.

I haven't used recreational drugs since the early 70s. Actually even stopped using pot about 5 months before starting TM. But I am opposed to laws against it because it is less harmful than alcohol and an unreasonable law. The California state government is trying to blame a pot farm for the Yosemite fire. Well then good reason to legalize it to prevent such catastrophes.

Promiscuous sex is the result of a sexually repressed society. We were on our way to solving that and then AIDS showed up.

As for social welfare what are you going to do when there are not enough jobs for everyone? Dubya told us that we would need to work until we dropped dead instead of collecting our Social Security (which we paid for). Doing what? If you are over 50 it is no longer so easy to find a job. In the tech industry it is really bad. I say stipends for everyone and those who want more money can figure out ways to make more.