<snip>
> The map is not the territory.  I think what's going
> on here is that Judy is more attached to being able
> to say, "Ah...finally...I have the map," than in
> actually getting to the place it points to.  And
> the last couple of days that's been striking me as
> just hilarious, side-splittingly funny.

It seems to me that your need to find me hilariously
funny (or at least to *say* so publicly) is leading you
to make up all this stuff about what's going on with me
so you have something to laugh at, instead of seeing
what is *actually* going on with me.

For example:

<snip>
> If what one wanted to do was measure such a thing
> "scientifically," that sounds like a good definition.
> If what one wanted was a happy life, I'd say it was
> pretty darned unproductive, because you couldd be
> setting up for yourself the same kind of self-imposed
> misery Judy's wallowing in.

This *I* find hilarious.  Not only am I not even
remotely "miserable," I'm happier than I've ever
been and continue to be more so as time goes on.

Barry, you made up "wallowing in misery."  You jest
at scars that never felt a wound.  That's something
you have talked yourself into believing--or at least
think will make you look good and me look bad to say
here.  That notion comes entirely from *your need*,
not from my reality.

And for the record:

> I would say that experience was far more "real" than
> understanding. The more experiences I have of higher
> states of attention, the less I understand. And the
> happier I am. Go figure.

This is my experience as well.