> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Still laughing uncontrollably.  It's all about
> > > what "you" "want" rather than what is.
> >
> > That's the way it is when Awareness is not
> > "present."
> >
> >   If you
> > > only learned to appreciate what already is,
> > > you'd have what you want.
> >
> > That's the way it is when Awareness *is* "present."
> > Then I have the ability to appreciate what is.
> >
> > And that's why it's a pain when Awareness "goes
> > away" and I no longer have that ability.
>
> To expand a bit: You said in another post that it
> feels "false" to you to "want" a higher state of
> attention.

Not so much "false" as completely unproductive.
To do so takes one out of Now and into the realm
of an imagined future that would be "better" if
certain conditions were met.  It's the issue of
those "I'd rather be ..." bumper stickers I
mentioned recently.  The state of mind of "I'd
rather be ..." is by definition not appreciating
the Now, and setting up a set of circumstances
that would "warrant" appreciation.

In my experience, those who talk a lot about how
things would be better in some imagined future
if only suchandsuch would happen wind up never
finding that future, and creating a series of
Nows that are never perceived as fulfilling,
because they're always waiting for suchandsuch.

This is *particularly* true for those for whom
suchandsuch = enlightenment, because they cannot
possibly imagine what enlightenment is.  If they
could, they would be appreciating its presence
right here, right Now, because it's already
present, right here, right Now.  Therefore they're
not only putting off appreciation of Now until
suchandsuch happens, but they are *imagining*
what suchandsuch IS.