On 9/28/05 12:49 PM, "Peter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Of course I am from the no "I" school (now if that
> isn't a paradoxical statement). Any trace of "I" would
> indicate an "observing" ego and be indicative of
> avidya, not realization. Realization is not an
> experience. It is not within the domain of either
> subjective or objective experience. It is not of the
> mind. Ego can have no relationship with consciousness.
>
> Ego is created as pure consciousness
> collapses/projects and identifies with a time and
> space bound experience. The discussion becomes
> confusing because in avidya there is a confound
> between consciousness and ego: people think that ego
> is consciousness. It's not. Okay, I'm done for now!

Well you can't use mental or yogic cognition to focus on the voidness of all
phenomenon as having no real existence--you cannot simultaneously present
and maintain attention of superficial truth of any kind, including
enlightenment. Even yogic levels of super-subtle mental activity will merely
produce appearances which seem to be existent but really are only
superficial truth. What is required is clear-light cognition as then one can
cognize voidness at the same time producing objects of superficial truth but
truly focus on it's non-existent voidness (at the same time).

Conceptual cognition will always produces appearances which seem to be truly
existing. The same is also true of non-conceptual cognition.

It takes a Buddha with omniscience to be able simultaneously sustain
clear-light focus on voidness and karmic constructs with both being
simultaneously void.