The US is bankrupt and up to it's eyeballs or above in debt. We are owned by China and Saudi Arabia. The country should have collapsed by now. They tried a tactic at the recent G20 meeting to keep the dollar alive. That may not work and if it does then as Paul Krugman said it will put American economy in a permenent state of depression.