 From: "emptyb...@yahoo.com" <emptyb...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:26 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: Ritam Bhara Pragya and world peace

Also, the TMO description of contemplation is based upon the term's

mis-identification as "thinking and rumination" which was current
in the 19th-20th century ... i.e. MMY's British era education.

None of that is concordant with the classical description of theoria as used by
Neo-Platonists nor with the Christian schema following after Evagrius.

Several scholars have also demonstrated the similarities between the Greek idea
of theoria and the Indian idea of darśana (darshan), including Ian
Rutherford,[12] Binod Kumar Agarwala, Gregory Grieve, and Michael A. Di Giovane.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <sharelong60@...> wrote:

emptybill, rhythm suggests vibration to me. I can see how a universal vibration
would impose order. Also, I don't think sanyama in TMSP is about contemplation.
I think it's a more subtle practice than that.