DNA have been planted by aliens, could have ridden here on an asteroid or meteor too. Or we could just be a naturally occuring phenomena that occurs on planets of similar environments during a certain period of the planet's existence. We're really just organic machines.

Of course the universe may exist inside a ball of some bored kid playing soccer who exists in a universe inside a ball on a dog's collar, etc, etc, etc.