Jason, my guess is that some psychiatrists speak about brain chemistry
imbalances so that a prescription drug can be presented as the best solution. I
actually think brain chemistry is an underpinning of mental illness. But I also
think there are natural solutions that can be effective and without so many
harmful side effects.

On Friday, October 11, 2013 4:12 AM, Jason <jedi_sp...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ---"awoelflebater" , <awoelflebater@...> wrote:
>
> Typical, I add a link and it clicks but takes you nowhere.
> You'll have to just do it the hard way:
>
> http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Dozens+mental+disorders
> +exist/9011120/story.html
>
> BTW, I was given a preview of some new 'look' on neo today
> on my computer at work. It is quite different from the one
> we have all been using the last few weeks. It seems much
> better...but we'll see.
>
> http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Dozens+mental
> +disorders+exist/9011120/story.html

It's now viewed in scientific circles, that Psychiatry is
going through the same stage of development as physics
before Newton or biology before Darwin.

IMO, a lot of breakthroughs are needed in the future, get a
clear understanding of the mechanics of mind-brain interface
and its functioning.

Dr. V.S. Ramachandran says the next step is to map the
mental illness onto the neural pathways of the brain itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tell-Tale_Brain

  ***

"Above all, psychiatrists need to be more honest with their
patients, he believes. "They shouldn't tell people their
illness is caused by a chemical imbalance when there is no
evidence this exists. Psychiatry has little knowledge of the
underlying processes governing mental health and it should
not pretend otherwise."

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Dozens+mental+disorders
+exist/9011120/story.html