Churchill didn't much like him either.
On Fri, 10/18/13, s3raph...@yahoo.com <s3raph...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Subject: RE: Re: [FairfieldLife] Bullshit - Holier than Thou
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Friday, October 18, 2013, 3:37 AM

       "Thrill
 of the chaste" - excellent title! Thanks for the
 link.
 Yes, Gandhi
 has always been one of my pet peeves. Never been too keen on
 Mother Teresa either.
 The thing
 about Gandhi for me is that, on the one hand, he presented
 himself as a naked sadhu - ie, someone who had *renounced*
 the world - and yet he was also a political figure - ie
 someone who was very much *engaged* with the world (and in a
 dangerously naive way to boot). The unthinking veneration in
 which he is held baffles me.
 And - no doubt
 because I'm English - I find the whole sexual hypocrisy
 aspect drives me up the wall!
 Maybe Penn &
 Teller were a bit harsh on the Dalai Lama though. He is also
 a legitimate political leader and it's hard to keep
 squeaky clean in the world of realpolitik.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 I had to come out of lurkdom to thank you for
 this beautiful video dear Seraphita. I have long railed
 against Gandhi, Teresa and Dolly Lama and I totally enjoyed
 this video, it is a good summary of these three
 pseudo-spiritual icons.

 That Gandhi was sexually perverted and slept with
 girls was a well known fact to me in India and my generation
 had no fascination for Gandhi. So I was quite baffled by the
 adoration of Gandhi by liberals and I know I pissed off
 quite a few with my statements on Gandhi. I recently had a
 chance to read this article on the Independent - enjoy.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/thrill-of-the-chaste-the-truth-about-gandhis-sex-life-1937411.html

 Ravi.

  On Thu,
 Oct 17, 2013 at 7:25 PM,  <s3raphita@...>
 wrote:

 Mother
 Teresa, Mahatma Gandhi and the Dalai Lama get the Penn and
 Teller treatment in this hilarious and foul-mouthed
 rant.
 http://tinyurl.com/nv68blw