Would you care for some tuna then?

On 10/25/2013 06:08 PM, authfri...@yahoo.com wrote:

*Bhairitu wrote:*

> Of course the corporate press (Bloomberg News) is going to say that! Born yesterday? :-D

*Gone blind? I listed several others (including Scientific American) and noted that there were many more (and not just from the "corporate press").*
*
*
*The thing is, Bhairitu, the more experts' opinions on this that you read, the more you have to expand your conspiracy to account for the fact that so many of them agree. And the more you have to extend credibility to nonexperts, such as the right-wing former lawyer and evangelical Christian novelist who wrote the post poor Share puts so much stock in, and whose knowledgeable readers tore to shreds (see my other post with the negative comments--you won't read it, because, like Share, you much prefer to wallow in bad news, whether the news holds up to examination or not).*
*
*
*It isn't that there's a perfect consensus by any means. But there is very strong disagreement among qualified scientists about how much radiation is dangerous to human health. And there's a /tremendous/ amount of ignorance among laypeople about what constitutes a significant rise in radioactivity. I'm just as ignorant as most laypeople, but at least I have the smarts to know I'm ignorant and to seek other opinions.*
*
*
*For instance, from the comments from the blog in my other post on one of the "28 signs":*

"...The researchers looked at the isotopes found in the bluefin tuna and found that the 'naturally occurring' isotopes were present in amounts that were orders of magnitude larger than the amounts traceable to the Fukushima accident."

IOW, either the study didn't say what the blogger thought it said, or he knew it didn't say what he wanted /readers/ to think it said. And that isn't even an /opinion/, it's a scientific fact.

The commenters picked up on a whole bunch of these misleading (or deliberately false) conclusions. Did it even occur to Share to /wonder/ whether there might be any reason to question them? It did not. And it wouldn't to you either.