Barry wrote:
 (snip)
 > Hope. I still have it, in spades.
 >
> Despite what has been said about me on this forum and others in the
> past, I am *not* at heart a cynic. I know few people *more* hopeful than
> I am. And I see ample reason in the world I see around me to *be*
> hopeful.

 You know, I'm hopeful too. I'm hopeful that one of these days it will
 occur to Barry to ask himself why, if he's so full of hope, on FFL he
 is so often deliberately hateful and dishonest. Just doesn't really
 seem to go with hope, you know?

 Sounds a lot more like someone taking a pose, trying very hard to
 convince us and himself that he's somebody he isn't, a better person
 than he actually is.

 I guess that must be what he's so hopeful about, huh?