--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> Thanks again for the link. I've had a soft spot for subs ever
> since I saw Disney's 20,000 Leagues under the Sea (the
> godfather of the Steampunk genre!) and heard the Beatles'
> Yellow Submarine!

Just a little fun tidbit for you if you liked "20,000 Leagues
Under The Sea." Back at the Squaw Valley course with
Maharishi back in (I think) 1968, my girlfriend and I became
friends with another course participant named Mark Fleischer.

After the course was over we drove back to L.A. together,
and mark invited us to dinner at his father's house, where he
was staying. So we drive up to this big house in Beverly Hills,
and his father turns out to be Richard Fleischer, who directed
this film. At some point during the evening, I used the guest
bathroom off the living room and there beside the toilet,
serving as a stand for the roll of toilet paper, was Richard's
Oscar (for an earlier documentary). I always thought that
was hilarious.