--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Jason Spock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hari Om,
>                If Order has purpose then, Chaos has no purpose.??
Hydrogen molecules inside the Sun are in a chaotic state because of
very high temperature.  But they do some work.

>       The issue is whether it is impersonal intelligent design or
Personal intelligent design.

>       Maharishi belongs to the Vedanta school, Adi-Sankara line.
It talks of impersonal Brahman.  Look at Maharishi's commentary on
Gita.  He uses the word Evolution numerous times.

>         http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/ce/4/part2.html
>
>       Mutations in genes take place only due to Entropy, which
exists only because of disorder.  If there is perfect order
mutations in genes cannot take place.  Evolution cannot take place
on the Absolute Brahman because there is perfection and order
there.  it can take place only in a duality based material universe

So order (or purpose?) is an aspect of chaos, and what we
call 'chaos' in these examples above (which are really only sub-sets
of the whole) is not chaos, but a meanigful part of the greater
system and its systematic nature. ie. intelligent. We just gave it a
name...'chaos'.

OffWorld