That's cheap! It's $3.59 here in a refinery town. But then we probably have much higher gas taxes than Texas.

On 11/02/2013 11:01 AM, Richard Williams wrote:
The rent is too damn high!

Inline image 1

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Richard J. Williams <pundits...@gmail.com <mailto:pundits...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    So, when I returned the two cable boxes to Time-Warner and to
    terminate the HD and DVR service, I asked them how much would it
    cost just to have basic cable. The guy said they would have to
    send out a technician to put a 'trap' on the line to filter out
    the other channels, so I told them to close the account. It's
    Friday and the cable is still active, but I have powered antennas
    from the Shack anyway. Go figure.

    The rent is too damn high!

    This week I took my daughter's PT Cruiser in to the dealership
    because she said the front was 'wobbling' at 35-40 mph. The
    service manager called back and said one of the front tires had a
    'ball' on it. He recommended getting four new Goodyear Eagles,
    balanced and a front end alignment - $950. What!?

    Now, why would anyone want to pay close to $1000 to put Goodyear
    Eagles back on the same car that already had a Goodyear tire with
    a ball on it at 30,000 miles? So, I had the tires rotated, front
    to back, for $15 on the south side, sweet!. Maybe I'll buy two new
    Falken tires at Discount Tires. Go figure.

    The rent is too damn high!