Re "I tried to help my tantra teacher take some accent-reduction courses.
Online there were some videos and they were able to boil down to a few points
the way for someone from India to sound American.":

 Why so? Isn't hearing your own tongue spoken with a foreign accent rather
appealing? In fact, it's often regarded as rather sexy to hear English spoken
with a Continental accent! Could be a selling point for a tantric teacher . . .

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <noozguru@...> wrote:

 Seems that British actors are very good at doing various American accents.
Although in the commentary of the movie "The Ward" Jared Harris (Richard
Harris's son) says there are some British accents that he finds difficult to
do.  It seems there is a better drama tradition in the UK whereas the US has
cut many of their programs from schools.

 Doing accents shouldn't be that difficult.  There are experts in training
actors to learn them in short work.  I tried to help my tantra teacher take