turq, here's a fun interview with Nathan about his experience with Joss and
gang.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/09/fillion-on-joss-whedons-shakespeare-brunches.html

On Friday, November 8, 2013 12:15 AM, TurquoiseB <turquoi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> You won't believe this but I watched the movie yesterday! Really! Maybe there
> is something in the idea of synchronicity. I was going to recommend it to FFL
> also - under the title "Shakespeare without Tears". The tricky choice with
> the Bard's plays is always whether you show them in period costume or go for
> a modern setting and somehow have to make allowances for the archaic speech.
> Much Ado simply ignored the dilemma and played it straight. One of the best
> film adaptations of Shakespeare I've ever seen. I've never heard of Amy
> Acker, before but she was fantastic. Actually all the cast were good but she
> was outstanding.

Amy has worked with Joss many times in the past, starting with a long stint as
Illyria / Winifred 'Fred' Burkle on "Angel," then with a major role as Dr.
Claire Saunders / Whiskey in "Dollhouse." Along the way she's had long,
repeating roles on "Alias" and a meaty role in Joss' "The Cabin in the Woods."
Currently she's landed a plum role on Johnathan Nolan's "Person Of Interest,"
as the charmingly beautiful psychopath Root, who thinks she is talking to God
and, in fact, is, because the all-knowing, all-seeing God talks back to her.