---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Barry wrote:
 (snip)
 > The artist, of course, is Joni Mitchell. And on some levels it's tough to
 > see her, because she's had health
 > problems all her life (polio at 9, a relapse of same in her 40s, and related
 > problems ever since)

 Does she mention that she believes she suffers from Morgellons syndrome?

 Or has she been...uh...cured of that since she announced it a few years back?

 I don't judge her or "write her off" for her belief in Morgellons, BTW. It's a
weird, scary, awful condition, and I very much hope she's over it.

 Very strange, this "disease". Here is an excerpt from an interview Joni gave:

 On April 22, The LA Times asked Joni this question:
 You’ve come out in the media as a sufferer of a controversial condition known
as Morgellons. How is your health currently?
 Joni Replies
 I have this weird, incurable disease that seems like it’s from outer space,
but my health’s the best it’s been in a while, Two nights ago, I went out for
the first time since Dec. 23: I don’t look so bad under incandescent light, but
I look scary under daylight. Garbo and Dietrich hid away just because people
became so upset watching them age, but this is worse. Fibers in a variety of
colors protrude out of my skin like mushrooms after a rainstorm: they cannot be
forensically identified as animal, vegetable or mineral. Morgellons is a slow,
unpredictable killer — a terrorist disease: it will blow up one of your organs,
leaving you in bed for a year. But I have a tremendous will to live: I’ve been
through another pandemic — I’m a polio survivor, so I know how conservative the
medical body can be. In America, the Morgellons is always diagnosed as
"delusion of parasites," and they send you to a psychiatrist. I’m actually
trying to get out of the music business to battle for Morgellons sufferers to
receive the credibility that’s owed to them.