Re Barry's "As for the Jack The Ripper thang, how could anyone's past- life
recollection shed any light on that unless they happened to be there, and in a
position to have witnessed the events?":

 They could indeed have been the perpetrator or one of his victims.

 I was going to say this: If I was to find myself suddenly in a past-life -
let's say in Elizabethan London - I'd take careful note of what clothes the
people around me wore, what food they ate, what the houses looked like, etc.
and then when I returned I'd check against the best-available historical
evidence. Here's the thing though: if you were to have a past-life recall can
you alter what you're thinking or doing? If it's a far-memory of "you" in a
previous life is the you that's "you in the 21st century having the recall"
able to change anything?

 Actually, I *am* living in Elizabethan London (Liz No 2 though) so perhaps I
should take careful note of what's around me right now; then if my future self
ever recalls this one I'll bring back useful info.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 Thanks for your reply, Empty. For the record, that's exactly how my
 "flashbacks" have occurred as well. One moment I'm in the present,
 anticipating nothing out of the ordinary and expecting nothing, and the
 next moment I'm "in the moment" of another time and place, as a "first
 person participant," able to move around and interact with others in the
 scene.

 It's weird, but fun.

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
wrote:

 > Indeed, among New Agers there are some who believe they were xyz
 o'-so-important person. This is often cited as "proof" it is all
 phantasy.

 > Tell that to Buddha and Patanjali, who musta been deluded by the Old
 Agers. If fact there are Westerners who see that as "proof" that Buddha
 and Patanjali were just indoctrinated Asians. Thus they say "I don't
 believe the bullshit of those old bastards 'cause I ain't no fawning
 yoga-phant."

 > As a case in point to Turq and Share, when I was 12 years old I was
 sitting at the kitchen table eating something. Suddenly I was a man
 sitting at an outdoor table drinking coffee in a smaller cup and reading
 a news paper. It was printed in gothic script. I especially remember the
 feeling of self-assurance along with the actual optical view of the
 street and the cars. Then suddenly I was sitting back at the kitchen
 table, feeling how good it was but unable to place that into an
 experiential framework. I never told my Southern Baptist parents because
 such things could "never be real".

 > Musta been "the devil had a bulls-eye on my back" 'cause as a 12 year
 old I was so important that he had to "pre-condition" me to receive the
 Hindu devils. But now I know the truth ... Seraph has liberated me from
 my illusion with good ol' Western psychologistic rationality.

 > No need for experience when you've actually know the rational truth
 ... now that we have finally jettisoned neolithic myths. Eureka!

 mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,