--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Just an observation:
>
> Byron Katie said that in here life, when ever she has felt lonely or
> insecure, she can trace it back to putting her nose in i) others
> peoples' business or ii) God's business (what IS), instead of her
> own business for which she said there was ample work to do. Clearly
> that doesn't work in reverse for you: sticking your nose in Judy's
> business doesn't appear to make you lonely or insecure. Do you get
> the same result when you stick your nose in God's business "Listen
> here God, don't give me none of that  "It IS" crap. This (whatever)
> should not be. I will not accept it."

If I believed in a God, I am certain that I would
have had such conversations with He/She/It.

"I know I am God because when I pray to him I find
I'm talking to myself."  - Peter Barnes

> I am only interested because I am sticking to my own business in
> trying to figure out what path I want to follow: keeping my nose
> in my business or sticking it both in other's and God's business.
> You seem to be doing pretty well doing the latter so I wanted to
> be clearer on the benefits.

Point taken.  Thanks.

> And what the hell is Byron Katie sticking her nose in my business
> for?

Now *that's* funny!

> And does God only keep her nose in her business? Or does she put
> it in others' business?

A good question, but one that I think is more appropriate
for the Intelligent Design thread.

> If you get a nose job, does it lessen your ability to stick your
> nose in others' business?

Another good question.  Based solely on anecdotal
experience with women whose lessened probosci
seemed to have no effect on their sticking
abilities, I would have to guess "No."

> And what are those Nosers of Reality all about?

I think Douglas Adams wrote about them in the
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

"Viltvodle VI is the home world of the small, blue,
fifty-armed Jatravartids, who live in perpetual fear
of what they refer to as "The Coming of the Great
White Handkerchief." This is their cosmology's version
of the end of the Universe, and can be explained by
the fact that they believe that the Universe was
sneezed out by a creature called the Great Green
Arkleseizure."

Obviously, Nosers of Reality are those who believe
in the religion of Viltvodle VI.  They would not
be caught dead getting a nose job because that
would be considered defacing an image of God, and
thus a mortal sin.

> I think Socrates nailed it when he said "nose thyself".

And look what happened to him.  A hemlock margarita.

> But as I always say, what my girl friend doesn't nose won't
> hurt her.

Did you know that what Johnny Depp wanted to do
with his character of Captain Jack Sparrow in
the "Pirates" movie was to have a blue nose? As
he imagined it, Jack had had his nose cut off in a
fight and then sewn back on. Unfortunately, the
circulation was never fully restored, and as a
result, Jack's nose was blue. Suffice it to say
that Disney Studios was not as amused by this
idea as I was, because the idea never made it
to the screen.

> Reveal thy wisdom unto me. I wants to nose.

O nobly born, thy question is worthy, and I shall
expound upon it.

Some teachers have said that the eyes are the
window to the soul.  I say that this is not true.
The NOSE is the window to the soul.  Is not the
breath -- holy prana -- more subtle and refined
that mere sight?  Do you perform holy pranayama
by poking your fingers in your eyes?  (You don't
have to answer that...it's not that kind of
teaching.)  Anyway, the nose is where it's at.
If you want to know someone's soul, you have
to look up their nose.

Practice this simple exercise at home tonight,
Grasshopper.  Prepare a lovely candlelight dinner
for your girlfriend, put on some soothing music,
and tell her that you really want to know her
soul.  Then proceed to stare up her nose while
performing pranayama on your own.  Continue
until enlightened or flattened by a good left
hook.

Thank you for consulting the Oracle.  Your
Paypal account has been charged accordingly.