"Compulsion" is a dark comedy thriller starring Heather Graham,
Carrie-Anne Moss, Kevin Dillon and Joe Mantegna.  Graham plays a wannabe
TV cooking host who befriends a new neighbor (Moss) a former child movie
star.  Like I said don't watch this movie on an empty stomach because
like the movie "Like Water for Chocolate" Graham is continually cooking
up all these extravagant delicious looking dishes.

Though not a great movie it is worth a watch.  It was the second film
this weekend that seemed to be a play produced as a movie.  The first
was "Killing Season" with Robert DeNiro and John Travolta also worth a
watch.  Both are available streaming on Netflix.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Compulsion/70155752

I also caught up on the first two episodes of the FOX series "Almost
Human" with Karl Urban and Michael Ealy.  It's cop procedural show that
takes place in 2048.  The hook is that cops are outfitted with an
android partner and Urban replaced the robotic partner with a
discontinued model (Ealy) that happens to have a flaw, it behaves more
human.  This is another J. J. Abrams produced series but worth a watch
especially the second episode which has to do with.... sexbots.  Lili
Taylor plays Urban's boss.  I caught her in the movie "The Conjuring"
Friday night (also well worth a watch).