--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu  wrote:

> Well, I went to the web site, logged in an posted a couple pictures of
> what the Neo interface looks like on a mobile device for those that
> don't own one.  Except that was a couple hours ago and it still hasn't
> shown up.  Bad Yahoo!

Yahoo is bug city, that's fersure. But when you think about it, all of
Judy's "criteria" for "discussion-oriented forums" are in fact criteria
for ARGUING.

Most *discussions* could take place very easily with a few top-posted
lines in reply to someone else's post. It's only nitpicky, "my ego is
right and yours is wrong," line-by-line refutations that require the
kind of interface she wants. Same with Search. Who *needs* to look up a
bunch of comments on a chat board, except for someone whose ego is
heavily invested in "winning" some imaginary "battle" by arguing on that
forum?

> On 11/26/2013 11:31 AM, authfriend@... wrote:
> >
> > *The main problem with Neo--at least for discussion-oriented forums
> > like FFL--is the formatting of replies. Top posting is fine in some
> > cases, but if you want to interleave your comments, the formatting
> > problems make coherent exchanges extremely difficult.*
> >
> > *Another major problem is the very limited size of the reply window
if
> > you're doing anything but top-posting.*
> >
> > *And the other big problem is the search function, which is crippled
> > by the inability to search by date (that option has been broken from
> > the beginning). Plus which, the endless scroll is wildly
inefficient.
> > If you open a post thinking it might be the one you want, and find
it
> > isn't and close it, you're taken back to the very top of the search
> > and have to scroll all the way back down again. (To work around this
> > glitch, open the post in a new tab.) And very frequently you won't
> > even be able to call up a list of more than 10 or so posts; you get
an
> > error message that Search can't show you the rest.*
> >
> > *For replies, there is an option to use plain text and eliminate the
> > impossibly crappy Rich Text formatting, but the result is even
crappier: