Feste, You. Still. Do. Not. Have. A. Clue.

 Are you familiar with the term "false equivalency"? What a hypocrite you are.
Not to mention a male chauvinist. It's perfectly OK with you for Barry to beat
up on people he doesn't like with far, far worse nastiness than I could ever
dream of managing. Including your precious Share. Remember his "SHUT THE FUCK
UP" post to her? (Do you remember that Ann, Emily, and I tried to get her to
stand up for herself instead of continuing to let him maul her?) And then that
he actually repeated it just recently?

 I don't recall a word from you about either of those posts (do remind me if
I'm wrong). Or any others of Barry's many hundreds of sadistic attacks, for
that matter. Not to mention the unending lies in those attacks. Barry's gross
and slanderous dishonesty is not a "fake issue."

 You don't have a damn thing to say to me until you open your eyes, get your
head on straight, and see who's doing the real damage to this forum. I'm a
piker compared to Barry. And you are a coward.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 You are as responsible as anyone else for creating an atmosphere of "mutual
disrespect." Do you behave like this in your real, day-to-day life? Is that how
you talk to people? I don't think so. The real dishonesty, the real lie, comes
from you. I think you are dishonest with yourself. I suspect that the truth, as
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, is that you enjoy being mean. You enjoy
hitting out at other people. My guess is that doing so assuages some of the
anger that you feel and gives you some kind of safety valve that you find
satisfying. You concoct this fake issue of dishonesty and pretend to yourself
that you are the virtuous one, standing up for what is right. Unfortunately,
the reality is that you are a person in the grip of some very deep-rooted
obsessions that make you very difficult and unpleasant to deal with. Your
behavior toward Share is a disgrace. It amounts to harassment, and I don't
think this forum should put up with it. You wouldn't be able to do it on
Facebook, yet you think you can do it here. You should either change your
behavior or unsubscribe.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 So you think lying is fine too?

 As I've said before, most folks here are honest. But there are still several
Bad Apples (fortunately some of the worst ones have left) who have no
inhibitions about lying--in particular, about other FFL members they don't
like--and I think that is terribly destructive. It's the essence of unkindness.
And it's hardly a matter of "old grudges" when it continues to this day.

 I have never been on a Web forum where lying was so complacently tolerated.
But it breeds mutual disrespect and lowers standards of civility generally. I
would be willing to bet that if there were less tolerance for lying, there
would be a lot less unkindness overall.

 As I've said many times before, life is tough enough when everyone is doing
their absolute damndest to be as honest as they possibly can. There's no excuse
for making it tougher.

 IMHO, of course.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 I think people are pretty honest here. The only person who obsesses about
lying is you. Your question to Buck is of course just a way of sidestepping the
issue of "perpetual unkindness." I can see why you would want to do that, since
you are the principal purveyor of it. You need to let go of all these old
grudges and obsessions. They are negative attachments that do not serve you
well.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 How about the lying? You never mention the lying, Buck. Does that mean you
think it's OK to lie?

Buck huffed:

 You can't even hardly invite any civilized person to visit here to FFL with
what perpetual unkindness has taken over here on this yahoo-group. It is simply
appalling that this culture of low meanness and unkindness has got going here.
It is no good to have in our house, But I fear most now for the very life of
this entire list if this culture of unkindness is not checked.
 -Buck