There can never be any resolution to this debate from
the side of the mind. The mind is looking for
gratification through affirmation and support. The
value of a teacher is in the impact they have on
awakening you. This teacher could be quite a fruitloop
or very traditional; very sweet and supportive or a
real son-of-a-bitch. Their personality is is quite
secondary to that which is awake, as it were, in them.
Everything else is just the mind trying to resolve
conflicts primarily by making everything that is in
disagreement with it "wrong" and everything that
agrees with it "right." We all are such frigging
morons!

http://mail.yahoo.com