On 10/3/05 12:22 PM, "akasha_108" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I am getting what you say, everyone is getting full strength
> darshan / transmission from every advaiti all the time.

I was speaking of Dzogchen masters in particular--not all advaitis. The
teacher has to be in the primordial state. And no it's not going to apparent
to all people, unless they are listening from a very relaxed, natural state.
It will depend largely on your own clarity as to whether or not you'll will
have recognition. But even if you don't have recognition at that time, it
will be available at any other time. So you can have recognition outside of
formal transmission. For example I know one person who got it in the middle
of a three year retreat while he was offering the mandala. It was years
later and a different place from his original pointing-out instruction.

In the presence of a non-dual master who is teaching, you are entering a
non-dual mandala while still living in the human realm (primarily).

I would prefer not to use the word "darshan"--too ambiguous and associated
with the Muktananda trip, etc.

> So if everyone "gets it", regardless if their awareness is in the
> "natural state" and regardless if they are aware of it, what is the
> value of "close proximity" darshan?

It's only a relative benefit. You have the benefit of "seeing" the master,
which from the POV of the non-dual state is as pure symbol. It's just
another opportunity to meet the center of the mandala. Of course you have
the added benefit of interacting with sangha, receiving oral instructions,
etc. There are numerous reasons as to why it is advantageous to be "in
person".

Even if you don't get it in this life, when you do the Big Samadhi, it will
be there, as it has been countless times before.