From now on, Barry, we will expect to see no metaphors in your posts, lest
folks suspect you're a con man trying to mislead them because you know they're
too stupid to tell the difference between metaphor and reality.

 Hope eschewing metaphors doesn't, er, cramp your style.

 "Thibodeau recommends giving more thought to the metaphors you use and hear,
especially when the stakes are high. 'Ask in what ways does this metaphor seem
apt and in what ways does this metaphor mislead,' he says."

 Barry proclaimed:

 http://www.salon.com/2013/12/10/study_metaphors_can_make_up_your_mind_partner/
http://www.salon.com/2013/12/10/study_metaphors_can_make_up_your_mind_partner/