Probably the best studio recording of the group was done by Elektra Records who sent a producer, Barry Friedman (aka Frasier Mohawk), up to Seattle to cut some demo tracks. They thought we were a bit ahead of the times. You won't get that from listening to "Maggie" or much of the Jerden cuts. That company was run by a guy whose business was losing money on recordings as a tax write-off for rich folks. He did have enough of a soul that if an act was really good to try to sell off the contract to a major label. He sent me to Hollywood where I met with major labels interested. And he also cut loose Danny O'Keefe who had a hit with "Good Time Charlie's Got the Blues". I also played in Danny's band sometimes.

Some background about some of the bands on the CD label shown on YouTube. Crome Syrcus was a bunch of U of W fellow music students. They went with Scientology. Talented guys though. The Bards were more bubble gum trying to capitalize on the Paul Revere and the Raiders popularity. P.H. Factor Jug band were dropouts from Reed College in Portland and had an FBI entourage following them around (I noted at one "be-in" the FBI agents were more interested in taking pictures of the girls in bikinis than the band). Bluebird was the band of another Seattle friend. Brave New World was headed by a guy who was in the first band I had back in the early 1960s.

The Jerden library is owned by one of your locals Fairwood Music and I see the listing on IMDB has been updated to mention the recording was licensed through the Spirit Music Group. Most of the recordings made by Jerden were demo cuts. There are some live recordings of the band floating around that show it off much better.