Re "So if we're all subjects in a clandestine military psyops experiment, I say
"Good job!" to the experimenters. You helped to give me a remarkably fine
life.":

 Well, we've not heard from Barry for a few hours now. I had assumed he was
using a Tor Browser when he posted to FFL like the rest of us. Looks like he
dropped his guard. He's probably had the full Bourne treatment by now - the
agent crashing though the glass door of his Paris apartment. Unless Barry has
the martial skills of Matt Damon or a glamorous sidekick like Franka Potente
he's toast.

 Pity. He sounded like a nice guy.