--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> The Chinese "sex-yoga" thing also includes advice about avoiding
orgasm (for both men and women, I understand). The idea being that the
enlivening effect felt through the day more than compensates for the
loss of a seconds long firework display.

Which "Chinese sex-yoga" tradition would that be? Sounds like myth to
me, based on an over-familiarity with more Indian, more repressed
traditions. Suffice it so say that such an idea would never have
occurred to the tonic herb masters. One cup of tea, and they'd have more
than "replenished" anything "lost."  :-)

>  They could be on to something but it sounds unnatural to me. Orgasm =
guilty pleasure.

In my opinion, the whole celibacy thing was invented by those with
serious Yang deficiencies (not to mention psychological deficiences),
and thus ill in both body and mind.

>  Re the herbs: in this day of the internet I'd imagine you could
locate the secret recipe used by your herbalist to the stars. A Google
came up with the following Chinese aphrodisiac ingredient: goat penis.
Let me know if that boosts your sex life.0

*Not* one of the ingredients in the tea I sampled. Such things are
looked down upon by real tonic herb masters as much as they seem to be
by you. There *are*, however, herbal ingredients that actually cause the
effects wrongly attributed to such fads.