---In FairfieldLife@{{emailDomain}}, <punditster@...> wrote:

 On 12/29/2013 9:24 AM, Mike Dixon wrote:
 > That would be like Christ referring to the adulteress as a slutty,
 > little dirty whore
 This is just my opinion, but I really don't think Jesus really said
 anything about an "adulteress" because that would have opened up a whole
 other can of worms in his day. If he did say anything about adultery,
 then he would have opened himself up to rumors that he was dating a
 prostitute named Mary Magdalene and that his mother gave birth to a
 bastard. Not to mention that his great, great grandfather had multiple
 wives and once knocked up his own part-time maid named Hagar, then
 kicked her out of the house and the kid too.

 So, I'd say that Jesus was probably smart to keep his pie hole shut
 about things like that. I don't know why they would even mention the
 episode about the woman "adulterer" in the Bible - what a woman does
 with her body is her business. Unless you think of a woman as property
 that can be bought and sold so you can have more than one wife. Go figure.

 But, in a way I'm not surprised at anything I read in the Bible since
 it's probably all made up anyway. But one thing is fer sure if true -
 robbing that kid of his "coat of many colors" and selling him into
 slavery was a bad thing to do - why didn't Jesus make a comment on that,
 I wonder? Go figure.

 Curtis does this better.