You're probably referring to Transmission Meditation which is not a personal
meditation. I've never tried it nor do I intend to do so in the foreseeable
future as TM is all I I have time to do at the moment.
 Amongst personal forms of meditations where the individual aligns with the
"Universal Self" or whatever, it seems Mr. Benjamin Crème recommends
Transcendental Meditation as taught by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, an individual Mr.
Crème regarded very highly indeed well knowing that Maharishi is the student of
one of the most illustrious Masters in the Hierarchy of Masters ever to have
graced this earth.